Tina's Tool Tip Tuesday - Stampin' Glue Sticks

Hello and happy Tuesday! This week on our edition of Tool Tip Tuesday we are going to talk about the Stampin' Glue Sticks offered by Stampin' Up!
Last night I was working on putting together 60 invites for my grandson's first birthday. I had just happened to get a new order in yesterday from Stampin' Up! which included some of the Stampin' Glue Sticks that I had ordered to have on hand for customers during workshops that may have forgotten their adhesive. I used to use this product years ago, but no longer use it on a regular basis. I am some what of a "glue snob" and stick to one specific product, which I will discuss in a future post. But, anyhoo, I figured I would give it a try since it has been "new and improved" since I last used it and see what happened. I was pleasantly surprised! Did you notice the unique shape of these glue sticks in the picture above? They are not round and because of such they do not go running off the table so you have to spend your time chasing them down and/or looking for where it went from the last place you laid it down at. In addition to that nifty little feature, because of its diamond shape glue tip, you can easily get into corners and other spots that a round or square style glue stick would not allow. This particular product used to be square/rectangle so I am thrilled with this new shape. It is also very comfortable to hold, unlike the old square/rectangle shape. Enough about the "shape" features.... I was glad to see the glue itself went on very smooth, it did not "grab" at the paper like some sticks do and it did not "clump" onto the paper either. It glided on smooth and also allowed for a very smooth placement of your cardstock. It dries pretty quickly, however not an "instant" type of dry, so you do have some "wiggle room" in order to move and re-stick your paper if you do not like your original placement. Best feature of this glue? It is only $3.95.....and that is for TWO! That breaks down to about $1.98 per stick. Great price for a glue stick that actually works and is acid-free. Each tube is .7 oz. I got through making 30 cards last night and only had to "roll up" the glue a few times. I am anxious to see how many projects I can create with one stick since ".7 oz" does not really tell me much. LOL I will keep you posted as to how long this stick lasts when I get to the bottom of it. So - do you use glue sticks? If not, what adhesive product(s) do you prefer?

0 comments:

Post a Comment