Tina's Tool Tip Tuesday.........Stampin' Trimmer

Hello everyone.  Here I am with your "Tool Tip Tuesday" . .   . . on a Wednesday.  I know. How sad is that?  All I can tell you is I went upstairs to take a quick shower before I sat down to write my post last night and hubby was hogging the bathroom.  So.....I laid down on the bed to wait for him to get out and the next thing I know it was 7:05 AM this morning and I was still laying on the bed......in my clothes....WITH MY SHOES ON!!!! Yes....he let me lay like that all night long.  Guess he figured I needed the sleep more than a shower and the removal of my shoes at least........

Anyhoo.....I am here with my one of my NEW BFFs!!  I have been scrapbooking and card making now for YEARS and have had various paper cutters over time but for whatever reason never put the Stampin' Up! Stampin' Trimmer on my list of things I "needed".   Well......wish someone would have told me about 10 years ago I needed it.  Here he is:


Handsome huh?  I know what you are thinking (because I have thought it for the last several years) - What makes this trimmer so special? Well..... I will tell you!

Most paper trimmers on the market, at least all the ones I have had, only have a 5" "cutting base" (where you lay your paper).  As you know, when you cut cardstock to make cards a lot of times you need to cut it 5 1/2" inches wide which would mean you pull the little extra arm out. Seems like no biggy, but the past two trimmers I have had did not have a mark for 5 1/2" so I had to "guess" each time where to cut it. Sometimes it worked, and as my card class members will tell you.....sometimes it didn't.  This handsome fellow has a 6 1/4" inch cutting base!!!!!!  That alone makes me love him! In addition to the 6 1/4" inch base, the ruler arm will extend giving you an extra wide 14 1/2" measuring area for extra large projects.  LOVE.

In addition to that, this trimmer comes with not only a cutting blade, but also a scoring blade.  AND, I know what you are thinking "that's great, but where do I put the "extra" blade when I am cutting and/or scoring?" - -   In the nifty storage compartment that is on the underside of your trimmer.  SWEET!

You can also purchase "optional" rotary blades to put on your cutter to make not only wave or scalloped cut edges, but there is also a "perforated blade" that will perforate your paper if you want to make something with a tear-off.  That blade is next up on my wish list.

I just love him and I just know you will too.  He sells for $29.95 and the replaceable blades are only $5.95 for TWO blades, our choice of two cutting or two scoring. 

This would make a perfect gift not only for yourself but anyone in your life that loves paper crafting!

0 comments:

Post a Comment